3 Easy Steps to Clean Your Microwave
Step 1: Clean the door and seals
Step 2: Clean the Microwave Tray
Step 3: Clean the inside of the microwave
The microwave has become a kitchen essential. However, its use leaves marks on the walls that can be difficult to remove.
Cleaning a microwave oven involves cleaning the door, seal, tray, and interior walls.
These maintenance operations can be done without effort, without toxic environmental products, and at a modest cost.
These few tips will help ensure the longest possible life for your microwave:
– Use a unique microwave lid to prevent splashing on the walls.
– Do not use abrasive sponges or corrosive products to clean your microwave.
– Never heat your microwave without a load, as this may damage it.
1. Clean the door and the seals
– Start by cleaning the door on the outside with a non-abrasive sponge soaked in soapy water.
– Clean the door seals in the same way.
– Rinse with clean water.
– Dry with a soft, lint-free cloth.
Good to know: the trick of testing a microwave for leaks by putting a cell phone inside and ringing it gives approximate results that you should not take seriously. However, there are microwave leak detectors.
2. Clean the microwave tray
Remove the tray and its bearing system and wash it with a sponge and dishwashing liquid. If there is a stubborn stain, soak it in hot soapy water.
Rinse with clean water and wipe with a soft, lint-free cloth.
You can apply the same treatment to the microwave grids.
3. Clean the inside of the microwave
Clean the inside of the microwave by first wiping it down with a sponge to remove crumbs and other residues.
To clean the sides of your microwave:
– Place a cup containing water and a quart of lemon juice in the microwave for about 3 minutes.
– After the oven is turned off, leave the microwave door closed for another 5 minutes.
– Wipe the walls with a sponge covered with a bit of soap.
– Rinse with a damp cloth.
– Dry with a dry, lint-free cloth.
Another quick solution for dirty microwaves:
– Place a cup filled 3/4 full of pure white vinegar.
– Heat in the microwave until it boils.
– Leave the vinegar in the oven with the door closed for 30 minutes.
– Wipe the walls with a sponge soaked in clean water.
– Dry with a piece of dry, lint-free cloth.
Materials needed to clean your microwave easily
- Sponge + Cloth
- Dishwashing liquid
- White vinegar
Do you enjoy keeping things tidy? These contents are for you:
Hope you this post and all the above links will be helpful to you. Remember to share your experience in the comments below, and do not hesitate t ask for more tips related to your activity.