Are you looking for an efficient, versatile, and easy-to-use device to maintain your home? The steam cleaner is the right tool for you. In addition to its efficiency, the choice of this device considerably reduces your water consumption, a good gesture against waste. Indeed, 1 liter of water can produce 1000 liters of steam. You don’t have to use any cleaning product with this very ecological device; the water from your tap is enough.
The steam has an excellent hygienic power to eliminate practically all bacteria, dust mites, and other parasites and allergens penetrating every corner of your home. Its high temperature eliminates mold and other fungi without damaging the cleaned surfaces. In addition, it is effective for bad odors and removes the most stubborn stains. So, without further ado, let’s dive into this blog and learn some of the things everyone ought t know about steam cleaning.
What is a steam cleaner?
The cleaner is an electric device, similar to a vacuum cleaner. Only it is effective for deep cleaning. It is equipped with a water tank and a water heating device, transforming it into steam projected at an adjustable rate on the surface to be cleaned. The device is equipped with several accessories such as the high-pressure gun, the angled nozzle, the brushes, the glass scraper, and sometimes, a wallpaper remover as well as iron.
How does a steam cleaner work?
The steam cleaner works by pressure. The water is heated to boiling at 120°C. You simply press the integrated gun to release the steam at the end of the heating period (which lasts between 30 seconds and 15 minutes, depending on the type of boiler). All you have to do is pass the brush over the surface to be cleaned.
What are the types of steam cleaners?
The steam cleaner comes in several models:
- The sled model is similar to a vacuum cleaner sled. It is multifunctional, can clean the floor, the surface in height, and windows, and is equipped with a large tank and wheels to move it.
- The broom model works like the canister cleaner (but in a smaller version); it is designed for smaller surfaces.
- The “hand-held” model is light, very practical for small surfaces, and is the most accessible in terms of price.
- The vacuum-cleaner model: is a two-in-one device it sucks up the dirt and cleans the surface in one go.
- Models designed for specific cleaning (windows, linen, carpet and rugs, mattresses, and cushions…).
How to choose a steam cleaner?
Choose the cleaner according to the surface of your house and the type of cleaning you need to do. Some cleaners combine different functions, so you don’t have to buy several models at once. Don’t choose your cleaner based on its price, the most expensive cleaners are not necessarily the most efficient. Take the time to read the instructions and pay attention to the details:
- The flow rate is the amount of steam that comes out in one minute; it is expressed in grams per minute. The most powerful flow is 120g/min.
- Pressure: this is the force with which the steam is projected (in a bar). Some cleaners send steam at a pressure of up to 6 bars. Note that a pressure of 4 bars is largely sufficient for important cleaning.
- The power (in watts), the preheating time, the tank capacity, and the weight.
How much does a steam cleaner cost?
Depending on size and power, a steam cleaner costs between 79 $ and 649 $.
Let’s be honest, most of us dread cleaning, and steam cleaning is one of those things that not all of us have at home, and this is why you need to do your due diligence before buying one. Sound off in the comments section below and tell us what you want to read next and if you want to read more about steam cleaning.