You may be wondering how to clean a deep fryer. Thoroughly cleaning a deep fryer is a big job, especially if you want the deep fryer to be completely clean. Here are some tips to help you out!
There are several methods to clean a deep fryer. No need for fryer-specific cleaners or fryer grease solvents! As a general rule, any fryer from any manufacturer can be used.
All-purpose cleaners with high degreasing power are best suited for cleaning fryers.
Fryer baskets and lids can also be cleaned with an all-purpose cleaner. The procedure is as follows:
- Fill the sink with hot water and add a generous amount of all-purpose cleaner. Disassemble the fryer and soak the inner pan in the water.
- Let it sit for a while (about 15 minutes) to allow the product to function correctly. Then, polish the inside of the fryer with a dish brush to remove any grease.
- Is the fryer very dirty? Then you may need to repeat this step and leave the inside fryer in the sink with hot water and all-purpose cleaner for a little longer.
- Then, scrub the fryer with a scrubber until the remaining grease in the pan is gone.
- Clean the fryer basket and lid using the same method.
- Rinse everything with clean hot water and wipe the inside fryer pan, lid, and basket dry with a cloth.
- Fryer heaters can also be cleaned with an all-purpose cleaner. Allow the hot water and all-purpose cleaner to come in contact with the iron.
- The shielded part, where the fryer control buttons are usually attached, should naturally not be in contact with water.
Another option is to place the fryer components in the dishwasher and clean them with dishwasher tablets.
We do not recommend this method if you want a perfectly clean fryer, as the results will almost certainly be unsatisfactory.
Opinions differ, but filling the frying pan and basket inside the fryer with water is advisable. Turn on the dishwasher tablets and switch on the fryer.
Bring the water to a slow boil (so no pressure!). After the fryer has boiled for about 15 minutes, discard the dirty water. Then rinse the inner fryer and basket thoroughly with hot water and repeat this operation several times.
Then dry the fryer and basket with a towel.
To clean the fryer using this method, natural vinegar should be used. Do not use apple cider vinegar, but use white vinegar. The latter is more suitable.
Clean coarse grease with kitchen paper and fill with hot or lukewarm water (3/4 of the inner basin).
Then, add a good amount of white vinegar, turn on the fryer again and let it cook slowly (about 10 minutes).
Then throw the water and vinegar in the sink and clean the inner pan with a light sponge. Repeat this process if fryer is filthy.
Then rinse well with clean hot water and thoroughly wipe the inside of the fryer with a towel.
Lids and baskets can also be cleaned this way.
Baking soda and natural vinegar can be used together to clean the fryer properly. Soak the inner pan, fryer basket, and lid in hot water for an hour to dissolve the grease.
Then thoroughly clean all parts of the fryer with an abrasive pad.
How To Maintain Your Deep Fryer?
With quick and environmentally friendly maintenance, deep fryers can maintain a high level of hygiene.
Always clean the fryer after each use.
After unplugging and waiting for the oil to cool, the oil can be stored in the refrigerator for reuse or the oil can be placed in a separate bag and taken to the landfill.