How a Pressure Washer Works
– What is a high-pressure cleaner?
– How a pressure washer works
– Using a pressure washer
– Characteristics of a high-pressure cleaner
What is a high-pressure cleaner?
A high-pressure cleaner is a machine on wheels connected to a spray tube. It consists of a piston pump driven by an electric or thermal motor. This pump turns on itself and compresses the water inside the tank to a given pressure. When the user releases the water jet, it is projected at a very high speed. The impact of the pressurized water on a hard surface instantly loosens and removes the dirt.
How does a high-pressure cleaner work?
A high-pressure cleaner works by the action of two valves connected to the pump. To operate the valves, the user presses the button on the gun to start the spray and releases it to stop:
– One valve sprays water under pressure.
– Another one stops this projection.
The high-pressure cleaner works with 2 types of motor:
– An electric motor for the most common tasks.
– A thermal engine for the most intensive tasks.
It uses several methods to remove the dirt:
– Coldwater: the most common.
– Hot water: the most effective.
– Adding detergents to hot water: for even more efficiency.
Use of the high-pressure cleaner
A high-pressure cleaner is used:
– By individuals; to perform outdoor work:
◦ Cleaning of garden furniture, garage floor.
◦ Cleaning of terraces and yards.
◦ Cleaning of facades and pool walls.
◦ Vehicle cleaning.
– For professionals:
◦ Agricultural, craft sector.
◦ Industrial, public sector.
Good to know: the difference between a consumer high-pressure cleaner and a professional high-pressure cleaner lies in the design. The former is designed for occasional use, while the latter is designed for frequent use.
Characteristics of a pressure washer
A pressure washer consumes between 400 and 600 liters per hour. In comparison, a garden hose can consume up to 3,500 liters per hour.
A high-pressure cleaner has a number of criteria to take into account:
– Pressure: between 80 and 500 bars.
– Pump speed: between 500 and 3000 rpm.
– Engine: thermal or electric.
– Water flow rate: between 400 and 600 liters per hour.
Do you have trouble deciding? Please find out more about how to choose your pressure washer in our following publication.
Thank you for sharing and commenting on this post.
Read more here: